Heather Arundel

The Diva of Darkness

Salton Sea Sunset Photo by Ron Niebrugge

Salton Sea Sunset Photo by Ron Niebrugge
The Beauty of Hell...

Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - also known as my personal life motto!

All Human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Who I am...

I am a wife. I am a mother. I am a survivor.
My family has made me who I am...my past family with past hurts...my current family with current joy.
Family is something you are born into and cannot choose,
family is also what you choose it to be once you are old enough to start anew...

Followers

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mother vs. Cat

My mother has never been very good. I don't mean in the way that she will go to hell and not heaven - although she certainly will be heading south - it's more that she was never much of a mom to me...the good never made up for the bad.

So when she told me today, that I had to "get rid of the cat" - the cat my husband and I named "Babies" because we consider her our first child - I actually had to think about whether she meant enough to me to do this...to "get rid of MY cat".

In the end I rationalized that people are more valuable, worth more, than animals...and it helped that my wonderful mother-in-law (this woman is more of a mother to me than my own has ever been!) said she would take the cat.

Are people inherently more valuable than pets? Even bad people? I really don't think so. I think I was kidding myself. I think I'm going to regret choosing my mom over my cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment