Heather Arundel

The Diva of Darkness

Salton Sea Sunset Photo by Ron Niebrugge

Salton Sea Sunset Photo by Ron Niebrugge
The Beauty of Hell...

Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - also known as my personal life motto!

All Human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Who I am...

I am a wife. I am a mother. I am a survivor.
My family has made me who I am...my past family with past hurts...my current family with current joy.
Family is something you are born into and cannot choose,
family is also what you choose it to be once you are old enough to start anew...

Followers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

WIP Wednesday - I'm Hearing Voices Blog Hop!

I’m Hearing Voices


Day 2 of the "I'm Hearing Voices" Blog Hop is TODAY! :)  HERE are all the details!  Thank you to Cassie Mae and Angie Cothran for hosting this fantabulous event!

From Angie's blog
February 8th - Wednesday - Dialogue Introduction: Have two characters introduce each other using only dialogue—no backstory, no internalization, just dialogue between the two. Max 250 words.
 
These are two characters from my current WIP, Degenerates Deserve Death, some of you met Lorraine during Monday's challenge - the interview - well, this is her foil.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

"Whoa! Who the fuck are you?"
"You shouldn't curse in front of kids."
"Who says? And how old are you?  Old enough to know better than to correct adults, I'm sure."
"I'm nine."
"And obviously you've got an attitude.  Can't say I blame you though, you been here with George long?"
"George bought be when I was five."
"The world isn't going to miss his disgusting piece-of-shit-self"
"Nope probably not.  My name is Taneesha."
"You don't seem too upset about all this"
"What is YOUR name?"
"My name is Lorraine."
"Well, Lorraine, I've been praying for years that somebody would come in here and kill George and rescue me; so as far as I can tell - you are my hero."
"Ah, fuck no.  I'm nobody's hero."
"Your mine and there ain't nothin' you can do to change my mind about that!"
"Well, that just goes to show you how fucked up your head is, normal people don't idolize people like me. You'll need years of counseling, I'm sure."
"Or I could just do what you do, 'cuz you obviously came from a really fucked up place to!"
"Hey! Watch your mouth! Little kids aren't suppose to cuss!"
"Well, how old are you, Lorraine?"
"I'm 22."
"George was seventy-two."
"Yeah, I know how old George was; he was fifty-five when he started with me seventeen years ago."

I started this at the crack of dawn on Wednesday morning, and then I got pulled away by my kids.  Life never let me get back to the computer before I passed out last night - sitting up!  So, I've finished and an posting today.  I apologize to Cassie Mae and Angie for being a bad blog hopper!


9 comments:

  1. Lorraine seems like a lot of fun and Taneesha is a good straight man (girl) for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed that it was the adult being corrected for using bad language by a child, and Lorraine seems like she has lots of stories to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Taneesha corrects her, and thinks of her as a hero, although for someone who wants to save children Lorraine doesn't seem to care for them much.

    It adds an interesting dynamic to the story your building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got A LOT of personality going on here :) I really like the dynamic between the too. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very strong voices. Your dialogue is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like good strong dialogue to me. It reveals the characters of both, Good job. Say, I gave your post a call-out in my current post.
    Maybe a few of my readers will check out your great blog.

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the way you managed to establish two strong personalities in so few words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got killer voice here! Really awesome dialog exchange. :)

    ReplyDelete