Heather Arundel

The Diva of Darkness

Salton Sea Sunset Photo by Ron Niebrugge

Salton Sea Sunset Photo by Ron Niebrugge
The Beauty of Hell...

Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - also known as my personal life motto!

All Human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Who I am...

I am a wife. I am a mother. I am a survivor.
My family has made me who I am...my past family with past hurts...my current family with current joy.
Family is something you are born into and cannot choose,
family is also what you choose it to be once you are old enough to start anew...

Followers

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Grumpy Bulldog's "The Bah Humbug Blahg Fest"

The 12 Things I Hate About the Holidays:  
On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a Christmas display in August.
On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a woman with pepper spray.
On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a BMW backing into me.
On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, children asking for toys.
On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, Holiday Fruitcake!
On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a debate over "Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays"
On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a homeless man telling me to "Fuck Off" when I buy him McDonalds.
On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a psycho knocking me to the floor on Black Friday.
On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a thief taking presents from my trunk.
On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a Santa with a bad attitude at the mall.
On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me, $3500 worth of car repairs.
On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, the commercial with dying African children.

All right, I tried to be cute; but all these things really do bug me - and I'm fully prepared to accept the fact that this makes me a bad person.  I really enjoyed this blog fest, it allowed me to put on my grumpy hat for a while!  Check out the host of this fantastic "Grump-fest" here.

5 comments:

  1. Great answers. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! Wow.... did all this happen?? If so, unbelievable. And that homeless guy deserves a kick in the arse!!
    I sure hope none of that happens again! Nice to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the song. Sorry about the bad stuff. I've had a Chrstmas eve nightmare involving my car one or twice. Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy geez! I'm shocked if those are all true. Homeless guy should be thankful for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Everyone: Sorry, I took time off for the holidays, but yes - all of these things are true! The woman with pepper spray was on the news around here, don't know if it made a national or international story.

    ReplyDelete