Heather Arundel

The Diva of Darkness

Salton Sea Sunset Photo by Ron Niebrugge

Salton Sea Sunset Photo by Ron Niebrugge
The Beauty of Hell...

Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - also known as my personal life motto!

All Human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Who I am...

I am a wife. I am a mother. I am a survivor.
My family has made me who I am...my past family with past hurts...my current family with current joy.
Family is something you are born into and cannot choose,
family is also what you choose it to be once you are old enough to start anew...

Followers

Monday, October 10, 2011

Disclosing the Ghost

So my sis-in-law, Liz, has been telling me that I should do a blog post entitled "Disclosing the Ghost" - so here it is! :)

As those of you that have been reading for the last week or so know...my previous abode was haunted.  While we were trying to sell the damn place, things got pretty crazy and so I asked my realtor; "Do I have to tell the buyers that this place is haunted?"  Guess what her reply was...she didn't look at me like I was crazy, she didn't ask me why I was asking...she simply said, "well, did the person die IN the house?"  My jaw hit the floor.

That is how all of these movies where the family buys their "dream" home and then get killed by the malevolent spirits are plausible!  No one told them a family had been murdered in the front lawn - they didn't have to!  Or better yet, an entire family is killed IN the house?  Tear it down and build a new house ON THE SAME LAND!  You won't have a problem selling it because you DO NOT have to disclose it!

So it probably behooves all of us looking to purchase a home, to go to the library and search old newspaper articles for the heinous crime that was committed in our "dream" home; or in my case - the crazy old fools that lived there but died in a nursing home down the street.

7 comments:

  1. There is always the air of life imitating art or art imitating life. It's these situations where I wish my logic could overrule imagination and say such things can't be.
    But it has happened.
    No doubt it will happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know that. If I ever move again, I'm going to have to do some research first.

    I'm having a journal giveaway on my blog this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much do you want to bet that that isn't the strangest question your realtor has ever been asked? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of this before, it's crazy what kind of house people can sell you. Look up the history of the house and you should be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Angela: While it was no Amityville, it was still creepy and annoying! :)

    @Christine: Thanks for the heads up, I'm popping over now!

    @Liz: LOL!

    @Sarah: Oh, I'm sure it isn't.

    @Mel: What's funny is that the history of the house won't have facts about deaths of the people that lived there and DIDN'T happen in the house! Like a little girl killed by a hit and run outside of her house? You'd have to luck out and find that in a newspaper, it's so CRAZY what people can get away with hiding!

    ReplyDelete