Heather Arundel

The Diva of Darkness

Salton Sea Sunset Photo by Ron Niebrugge

Salton Sea Sunset Photo by Ron Niebrugge
The Beauty of Hell...

Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - also known as my personal life motto!

All Human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Who I am...

I am a wife. I am a mother. I am a survivor.
My family has made me who I am...my past family with past hurts...my current family with current joy.
Family is something you are born into and cannot choose,
family is also what you choose it to be once you are old enough to start anew...

Followers

Monday, October 24, 2011

Scapegoat

Why is it that human beings (American's more than any other society) seem to struggle with taking responsibility for their own faults and actions?  I know that there are people out there with the integrity to stand up and say, "Yeah, I messed up and I'm sorry"; but they are so few and far between - they get profiled in "Hero" stories on 20/20 or other shows.  These characteristics seem non-existent in the workplace anymore, and it is wrong that we as a society seem "ok" with this behavior.

What happened to standing up for what is right?  What happened to saying "I'm sorry"?  What happened to learning that responsibility, integrity, honesty, and hard work will pay off over lying, manipulation, conniving, and back-stabbing?

Oh, that's right...I remember...the 80's, Reaganomics, cocaine, Wall Street...that's what happened.

I'm bitter and pissed right now, my husband was used as a scape goat for the "#2" at his job on Friday and is now out of a job.  My husband is one of the good ones, and anyone that has worked with him knows it - he should NOT have been the fall guy; but he was and now we have to deal with it.

I utterly loathe rich, lazy, liars that don't care about loyalty or honesty and have no integrity.  I wish we could zap them all out of existence.

3 comments:

  1. Heather, I'm so sorry for your bad news. I wish there was something I could say to make it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I'm sorry for what happened. It's horrible. I've seen it happen to good people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those who use scapegoats are like thieves, it's easier to put in the hard work to steal and retain what does not belong to them than to accept responsibility and do the right thing.

    I am sorry to hear your husband has been robbed of his livelihood due to the choices made by others. May things quickly turn in your favor.

    ReplyDelete