Heather Arundel

The Diva of Darkness

Salton Sea Sunset Photo by Ron Niebrugge

Salton Sea Sunset Photo by Ron Niebrugge
The Beauty of Hell...

Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - also known as my personal life motto!

All Human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Who I am...

I am a wife. I am a mother. I am a survivor.
My family has made me who I am...my past family with past hurts...my current family with current joy.
Family is something you are born into and cannot choose,
family is also what you choose it to be once you are old enough to start anew...

Followers

Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's midnight and I'm writing...

 This is what is bouncing around in my head...another part to my story...please let me know what you think...

“What do you mean you want to go back to happiness?  What does that mean?” I said in my usual exasperated tone.  I had, after all, become someone new to myself; someone that I no long knew or even liked.  Communicating with the old man had become a chore that was mired in confusion, fantasy, and more than a little crazy.

“I just want to see it one more time, I want to feel the heat and smell the water.” He replied, and I finally stopped folding clothes long enough to look at him - to register the very real longing on his face.  It made me ashamed.


“Do you remember that place as something magical? Because I don’t.”  My reply was venom, I cannot even seem to stop it when I want to now.  His sad eyes are more than a bit wet, and still I’m filled with anger - this feeling isn’t right and yet I can’t seem to feel anything else.  What happened to me?

“Baby doll, you know we had good times; why won’t you let yourself remember the good times?” he asks me.

“Good times?!? Are you kidding me?? That is the place where you nearly killed me!!!”


Another part to my book...feedback is appreciated! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment