Heather Arundel

The Diva of Darkness

Salton Sea Sunset Photo by Ron Niebrugge

Salton Sea Sunset Photo by Ron Niebrugge
The Beauty of Hell...

Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - also known as my personal life motto!

All Human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Who I am...

I am a wife. I am a mother. I am a survivor.
My family has made me who I am...my past family with past hurts...my current family with current joy.
Family is something you are born into and cannot choose,
family is also what you choose it to be once you are old enough to start anew...

Followers

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Universe is conspiring...against or for me?

My husband tells me to write a poem, and then my sister-in-law writes a meme post on her blog and tags me asking that I return to my long abandoned blog...

Well, I am not in the blogosphere and I do not even know what a meme is, I can assume it is a series of questions that are asked to get to know one better. At least that is what I assume.

As soon as I figure out how to take from her blog, and add to my own; I will post that meme here...

It strikes me as a bit strange, though, that two people in my life are suddenly trying to get me to write. At a time when I am contemplating enrolling in a Masters program that I am not very passionate about, a time when I wish I had the confidence to write the novel I've had kicking around in my head for the last 5 years...

I believe the Universe is conspiring...on my behalf?

2 comments:

  1. YOU HAVE A NOVEL KICKING AROUND IN YOUR HEAD AND YOU HAVEN'T STARTED WRITING IT!!! Yes, I'm yelling. You know perfectly well how long I've been working on mine...well, they've multiplied and are three now, but...

    Um, okay, we need to talk. I know exactly how to get you started.

    And Meme (according to dictionary.com): a cultural item that is transmitted by repetition in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes.

    An Internet meme (according to wikipedia): The term Internet meme (pronounced /ˈmiːm/; meem)[1] is used to describe a concept that spreads via the Internet.[2] The term is a reference to the concept of memes, although the latter concept refers to a much broader category of cultural information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Liz, for your help and support! I will proceed with writing my story and see where it goes!

    ReplyDelete